LATVIAN LANGUAGE ABROAD
Support to Latvian language abroad is provided in two fields:
- Support to the acquisition of Latvian as foreign language in universities abroad;
- Support to Latvian language in diaspora.
Support to the acquisition of Latvian as foreign language in universities abroad
Currently, it is possible to study Latvian in 22 universities abroad. For more information, please visit Institutions of Higher Education.
The Latvian Language Agency cooperates with universities abroad and supports the organization of the study process of Latvian as foreign language by:
- Sending study materials, dictionaries, academic literature, methodological resources, etc.
- Providing consulting and information to teachers about various activities, competitions and events related to popularizing, representing, teaching and research on Latvian language
- Providing methodological consulting to teachers, organizing seminars and conferences
- Supporting the organization of events related to popularization of Latvian
- Organizing competition for instructor vacancies in cooperation with respective representatives in universities abroad, etc.
For more information regarding acquisition of Latvian abroad, please contact Indra Lapinska, via e-mail: email@example.com or phone (+371) 67350760.
Support to Latvian Language in Diaspora
The Latvian Language Agency provides support to Latvian schools abroad by:
- Ensuring the activity of specialists in most of Latvian schools abroad
- Sending methodological and study resources, dictionaries and literature
- Preparing and publishing methodological and study resources and materials
- Evaluating curriculum, study materials and learning process
- Organizing meetings and seminars and providing methodological consulting
- Encouraging to award Latvian students and teachers in diaspora
For more information regarding acquisition of Latvian in diaspora schools, please contact Aija Otomere, via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (+371) 67350765.